Some time ago I bought a small portable speaker (i.e. one with a battery), which is used to play sound from my laptop or phone, and occasionally a TV set. I was looking for good middle and low frequencies. Before the purchase, I compared in one of the stores several devices of this type: Marshall Kilburn II, JBL Charger 4 and Xtreme 2, Sony XB43 and XB41. The test consisted in playing music from two phones connected via Bluetooth to two different devices at once. The same song was played, more or less in half, and subjectively Marshall did the best job for me. An additional advantage is the fact that it does not shine on the front, and the construction seems to be very good quality.
Since I often solve computer problems using my own hardware, I decided to buy the cheapest and smallest size USB devices to connect computers to LAN and WiFi networks. In this entry I will present what I bought and how it works (iperf3).
I’ve been using Windows 10 for some time now, and despite the update I occasionally had a problem with the Start Menu. It just did not work sometimes. It turns out that one of the system’s services is responsible for this. In order to help other people with this problem, I present below a way to solve it.
We are interested in the value of the Start parameter placed in the right panel. To do this, double-click on the Start parameter, and in the window that shows you will change the value to 4, confirming by pressing OK.
The moment has come when I had to purchase a new version of operating system – Windows 10 Pro (64-bit version) because of my work.
First impressions after installation:
– start up quickly
– seems to be more responsive
– after installing the system (from scratch) it has a lot of unnecessary programs (like games, spotify, onedrive)
– problems with the USB 3.0 controller from VIA (which I repaired manually by installing drivers for Windows 8.1)
– has installed drivers for the graphics card, sound, etc. by itself (comfortable)
– waits for an external USB drive to start during the start (better if it is working in the background)
– microphone boost does not work for a USB webcam with a built-in microphone (in Windows 7 worked without problem), here typically an error on the MS side that does not want to fix it (although it is more likely that it does not know how to fix it)
– built-in antivirus (but unfortunately quite slow, and broken down, after detecting the threat and pressing the action of repairing does nothing)
– the start menu did not work for a moment, after the installation of some update started.
In general, there are a few advantages and some disadvantages. Well somehow, unfortunately, we will have to move around. As for me, problems match the BETA version rather than the final product.
Suk San Wan Chiristmas!!!
Z okazji Bożego Narodzenia, życzę wszystkim:
– spokoju, żeby w te święte zamiast się denerwować poczuli aurę dobrego jedzonka, która to zrelaksuje,
– ciepła w domku, zarówno tego rodzinnego, jak i z grzejniczków,
– fajnych prezentów, nawet jak nie trafionych to chociaż aby były smaczne,
– i żebyśmy wszyscy umieli docenić to co mamy, bo nie każdy może świętować.
Na koniec jak wszyscy wrzucam fotkę choinki, aby przyciągnąć atencję i rozbudzić zazdrość wśród znajomych ;-)
The Prodigy – another wonderful show, that was in Warsaw. I took opportunity to visit my friends at Radomsko (thanks!) :)
Fokus Festival – Jabbadub – that party took place on the Germany side of Nysa river, a lot of nice sounds, interesting atmosphere.
MBP – Because of Janusz Korczak year in Poland our city library organised meeting with recitation of fragments of his books, gallery and great music of violin.