The moment has come when I had to purchase a new version of operating system – Windows 10 Pro (64-bit version) because of my work.
First impressions after installation:
– start up quickly
– seems to be more responsive
– after installing the system (from scratch) it has a lot of unnecessary programs (like games, spotify, onedrive)
– problems with the USB 3.0 controller from VIA (which I repaired manually by installing drivers for Windows 8.1)
– has installed drivers for the graphics card, sound, etc. by itself (comfortable)
– waits for an external USB drive to start during the start (better if it is working in the background)
– microphone boost does not work for a USB webcam with a built-in microphone (in Windows 7 worked without problem), here typically an error on the MS side that does not want to fix it (although it is more likely that it does not know how to fix it)
– built-in antivirus (but unfortunately quite slow, and broken down, after detecting the threat and pressing the action of repairing does nothing)
– the start menu did not work for a moment, after the installation of some update started.
In general, there are a few advantages and some disadvantages. Well somehow, unfortunately, we will have to move around. As for me, problems match the BETA version rather than the final product.